Haarlemmermeer (Amsterdam Airport City), the most sustainable Dutch municipality, is the best choice for entrepreneurs because of its easy accessibility and central location within the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area.
Only 4 minutes from Schiphol Airport and 14 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station by train, Haarlemmermeer has been voted the Economic Top Location in the Netherlands for many years now. It offers an attractive business- and living environment. Home to over 700 international companies, Haarlemmermeer is a great location for new ideas and sustainable innovative activity. We are proud to be home to Park 20|20, the most sustainable business park in Europe which has attracted many international companies such as Danone, Asics, Irdeto, Schneider Electric, Fedex and Bluewater..
Haarlemmermeer: The beating heart of the Randstad!
Why invest in Haarlemmermeer?
Never a dull moment in Haarlemmermeer!Dynamism and business activity are the hallmarks of Haarlemmermeer. At the same time, its rural character and agricultural setting offer space and tranquility.
To live in Haarlemmermeer is to reside in an authentic and unique polder landscape. With well-developed infrastructure and facilities such as shopping centres, theatres, cinemas, a hospital, historic and unique attractions such as the Cruquius pumping station, plus good quality education. All this at a stone’s throw from cities like Amsterdam, Haarlem, Leiden and The Hague.
Haarlemmermeer is a sports-minded municipality which is keen to promote a healthy lifestyle through at least 180 sport clubs. The King Willem-Alexander sports complex is a wonderful new sports facility that also includes top-level facilities for rhythmic gymnastics and synchronised swimming. The new baseball stadium where baseball events, such as the European Championship, are played at the highest professional level, is unique in Europe
In the many local leisure areas, residents can play, picnic, enjoy walking, running, cycling, skating and canoeing. The coast and the dunes are also within easy access. Mysteryland, the internationally renowned dance event, and Mud Masters are large-scale attractions.
Particularly worthy of note is PARK21 which is now being established between Hoofddorp and Nieuw-Vennep. Covering around 1,000 hectares, PARK21 will form the green recreational centre of the polder.
In full swingLarge and small housing schemes are being developed in the various communities, with a diversity of housing types. High quality business parks aimed at attracting local, regional and international companies were developed at strategic locations, with designs that offer a green, healthy and inspiring working environment.
In all of these developments, the main focus is on the future - with sustainability being the main priority. Haarlemmermeer is doing its bit by promoting the transition from a throw-away to a reuse economy. With a circular economy as the foundation, Haarlemmermeer is striving to achieve the ideal in terms of quality of life, work, living and learning, and to strengthen its competitive position.
Realizing the goal of a circular economy requires strong co-operation between the corporate sector, experts and the government. Haarlemmermeer warmly welcomes pioneering companies. This dynamic municipality offers space for innovation and enterprise. It is ideally suited to be the laboratory where innovative projects and pilots find their home in generating expertise and experience.
Reasons to invest in Haarlemmermeer• Situated between Amsterdam and The Hague, Haarlemmermeer is the beating heart of the Randstad
• It’s is very accessible by highway, waterway and railway
• Due to Schiphol Airport there are direct connections to over 322 destinations in 90 countries
• High quality business parks aimed at attracting local, regional and international companies were developed at strategic locations, with designs that offer a green, healthy and inspiring working environment
• Haarlemmermeer fulfills a major employment function for The Netherlands
• Every business sector can be found here
• Haarlemmermeer has consistently occupied the top spot in The Netherlands being the municipality with the strongest economy
• Haarlemmermeer is the circular hotspot of The Netherlands
• The living surroundings are of high quality and range from village to urban. There are a wide variety of available homes and housing plots
• The education facilities are excellent.
Haarlemmermeer inbusiness office
The inbusiness office is the municipality’s contact point for established and new entrepreneurs.
We can offer you:
• A single point of contact
• Wide range of contacts in private and public sectors
• Support for recruitment, housing, legal, finance
• Support network of civic partners in the region and around the world
• Full-service programs for initial visits to evaluate and select locations, services and professional advisors
• Advice for company staff and their families
• Services are free of charge, confidential and without obligation