Port of Amsterdam
The port of Amsterdam is one of the world’s key logistics hubs. A gateway to all major European markets and all benefits the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area has to offer. The port provides great opportunities for investments in different real estate segments. From fashion and design to heavy industry. All against favourable rates and in
a lucrative environment.
The flexibility in plot sizes and lay outs, building design and execution, permitted business activities and Port of Amsterdam’s supporting services, offers a great atmosphere to create new possibilities. The port of Amsterdam is already the location of choice for companies such as G-Star RAW, GE Aviation, Renault Trucks, Rivièra Maison, NOV Wellbore Technologies, DSV, Starbucks, Kintetsu World Express, and many more.
Why invest in Port of Amsterdam?
Port of Amsterdam in a nutshellThe port of Amsterdam is the 4th port of Europe and one of the founding economic pillars of the city of Amsterdam. Through the centuries it has evolved into one of the world’s key international logistics hubs, a renowned metropolitan port. Interwoven in the city, it is a sought after location by many international companies.
The port area is managed, operated and developed by Port of Amsterdam. Port of Amsterdam’s main aim is stimulating economic activity and employment in the entire Amsterdam port region. The company ensures a safe, swift and environmentally responsible management of shipping traffic within its working area. Port of Amsterdam’s exploitation is aimed at port sites (rental and leasing), quays and water.
The port area offers large plots with flexible lay outs for development and space for various business activities. From fashion and design to heavy industry. With its central location, excellent hinterland connections through rail, road and inland waterways and access to a large force of skilled personnel, the port of Amsterdam offers its customers fast, efficient, reliable and sustainable facilities. Port of Amsterdam also stimulates modal shift, taking freight off the roads and transferring it to other modes of transport, such as the more low-priced barge transport. It is a smarter, faster and cleaner port.
With inspiring collaborations Port of Amsterdam opens up new horizons, creating growth and added value for the port and its customers. A partner in your success.
Why invest in the Port of Amsterdam?- Situated in the heart of the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area
- In 10 minutes distance of Europe’s nr. 4 airport, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
- In 15 minutes distance of Amsterdam City Centre
- Excellent hinterland connections through deep sea, short sea, inland waterways, rail and road
- New lock is being built, operational in 2019 (length: 500m, width: 70m, depth: 18m)
- Daily connections with the ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp
- Low transportation costs
- Favourable investment rates in a lucrative environment
- Wide variety of development possibilities
- Directly available plots
- Flexible plot sizes and lay out (from 1 hectare up to 12 hectare serried)
- Development building height 30 m2
- First existing location to get a BREEAM 4 (out of 5) certi cate
- Access to a large (maritime) skilled labour force
- Already the location of choice for companies such as: G-Star RAW, GE Aviation, Riviera Maison, NOV Wellbore Technologies, DSV, Starbucks, Kintetsu World Express, and many more
Port of AmsterdamThe port of Amsterdam offers many development opportunities. Specific projects are: Stadhaven Minerva - the place to be for creative industry; Atlaspark - the logistics hotspot in the port of Amsterdam region; Alfadriehoek - a flourishing area for young companies, 24/7 services and creative industry; and HoogTij - directly available plots for sale along deep sea water, an area with an environmental capacity up to 5.1.
In the port of Amsterdam there is not only room for creation, but also recreation. Giving employees and visitors the energy and relaxation needed to function at the highest level, the port offers an abundance of walking and cycling routes, outdoor lounge areas and restaurants. Each one overlooking the waters and/or greens. Should a tee off on the golf course, a visit to the theatre or even a sea or river cruise be a preference, these facilities are also located in the area.